Special spice mixture for traditional Scandinavian spice ginger biscuits and for everyday tea cookies.
Tip: Add 4 tbsp “Ginger & Bread” to cookie dough.
Ginger*, cinnamon*, orange zest*, clove*, allspice*, lemongrass*, and cardamom*.
*: Certified organically grown
55gr / 1.94oz
Gingerbread cookies with Herbaria's Ginger & Bread
- Bring 200g. of raw cane sugar, 100 ml. wildflower honey and 100 ml. of water to a boil.
- Mix 4 tbsps. HERBARIA “Ginger & Bread” with 200g. of butter
- Drizzle it with the hot sugar water
- Stir until all of the butter has dissolved
- Let stand until cool
- Add 2 tsps. of potash or 1 tsp. of baking soda to 600g. all-purpose wheat flour
- Add 1/2 tsp. salt and the sugar butter water mix
- Knead dough until it is smooth
- Let sit for 6 hours
- Preheat oven to 220°C/428°F
- Line oven tray with baking paper
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out smaller portions of the dough to 1/4 inch thickness
- Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and place cookies 1 inch apart onto oven tray
- Bake for 6-8 minutes (centre rack)
- Check frequently to make sure the cookies don’t get burned