There is no nutritional difference between White and Black Chia, but White Chia is rarer and absorbs more water than Black Chia (thus absorbing more nutrients from other ingredients when mixed in juices/smoothies and can be beneficial for people seeking to lose weight).
- Rich in fiber.
- Vegetable source of omega-3 fats (eight times more than salmon).
- Source of protein, vitamins and minerals (calcium, potassium and magnesium).
- Good for healthy heart, colon, skin and tissues; contributes to lower cholesterol.
- Sprinkle raw on cereals or berries.
- Bake as bread or cakes.
- Great with shakes.
- Chia seeds can absorb many times their own weight in liquid.
- Its recommended to soaking Chia seeds for 30 minutes before consuming to benefit more of its nutrients.